Thursday, July 30, 2009

She's Coming Along....

Thursday, July 30, 2009
My painted lady for Shiloh's class is coming along....I've added some detail on her dress and earrings, and a few circles here and there.



Also there's the mysterious symbol that showed up in the lower left.....I actually think it's similar to the New Mexican flag.



You can see the triangular pattern I had put in and didn't like peaking through the paint. Love that a bit shows through...



I don't know what further steps are ahead in the class, but we have weeks to go, so there must be a lot more!





2 comments:

.Trudi Sissons said...

Traci - your painting is absolutely stunning. The colors, the subject, layering, expression of heart...the subtle underpainting showing through - beautiful energy and light...

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. I lived in NM for 5 years (still miss it). That is indeed very similar to the Zia (sun symbol) of the flag.