Friday, July 24, 2009

Instant Delayed Gratification

Friday, July 24, 2009
Over the past few weeks, I've been working on my first painting on canvas.....I do just a little each week for my class with Shiloh Sophia McCloud.

Here's the background (which has become mostly painted over....this was a blast to do. I actually did it 3 times with entirely different colors each time just because it was fun and fast)!

Then, I began to roughly paint in the form....

adding more detail....and blocking in some color.....

and more detail....


Making her stronger....


Some shading of the face is beginning to happen....

I'll add more photos as I progress. There's many more steps and layers to come.

I am loving this class and the process. I'm usually such a lazy artist who wants instant gratification. It's really much more interesting to see how she develops over time...and more rewarding than I could've imagined. Thanks Shiloh!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE this!!!!
tracie, you may consider yourself
lazy...but you are lazy and VERY gifted!
:)

mccabe x

.Trudi Sissons said...

beautiful work tracie!

Lisa said...

She's BEAUTIFUL!