Today is my 52nd birthday.
But I began celebrating last
Over sushi, my husband and I began making a list of 52 moments
I'd like to experience in my 52nd year.
I so needed his help - that's a lot of moments!
The list, written on our sushi order form, would be a smelly reminder,
so the list goes here!
Some of my moments cannot be shared . . . they're uh private.
(That's what happens when your hubby helps write your wish list.)
1. Sunrise on "our" beach.
2. Hiking (always) in Palm Springs.
3. A bike ride to Butterfly Park.
4. A dip in the ocean.
5. A night in a tent.
6. Sunset in our boat (alone).
7. Dinner on the shores of La Jolla.
8. Drive-in night.
9. Breakfast and a classic movie - in bed! (I'm not cooking it.)
10. Midnight margaritas.
11. Wine tasting somewhere exotic.
12. Celebrate somewhere new on New Years Eve or Day.
13. Host the "Tribe" for an art-full weekend.
14. Throw a dinner party - for no reason.
15. Spend 5 consecutive days in the Desert.
16. Pillow fight!
18. Visit Yosemite.
20. Go dancing!
22. Get a "makeover".
23. Have a "real" family portrait taken.
24. Night hike in Griffith Park.
25. Make and bury a family time capsule.
26. See a movie at Grauman's Chinese Theatre.
27. Go to Griffith Observatory.
28. Cocktails at
Hotel California Chateau Marmont.
29. Dinner at the Hotel Roosevelt.
31. Try on a red wig.
32. Crush some grapes.
33. Kiss under a waterfall.
34. Go to the Troubadour.
36. Go to the Norton Simon Museum.
37. Sing Karaoke (OMG sooooo scary I guess I have to do it).
38. Attend church once for goodness sakes.
39. Try Boston Cream Pie (in Boston). Yes.
40. A simple picnic.
41. Visit a state we've never been.
43. Paint another 6ft canvas (or two).
44. Ride horses!
45. Host a champagne brunch.
46. Cappuccino in Roma!
47. Photo "safari".
48. Paint some feathers.
49. Make serious progress on the "secret project".
50. Build a fort.
51. Climb a tree.
52. "Wild Card" moment!
Looks to be a very good year!