Friday, March 22, 2013

Notes to Self

Friday, March 22, 2013
No "Friday Field Trip" today cause......stamping feet.....I don't wanna!

I've been deep in the art journal and also painting much in the studio this week.





Most of my art journaling has been prompting by reading a wonderful book 
by Brene Brown called "The Gifts of Imperfection".
Gawd she's good.
(Why haven't I read that one sooner!?!)
I'm on to her newest book, "Daring Greatly", next.


And though I don't have the "courage" it takes to reveal the journaling
I do on my arted up pages, I've shared a few notes to self.





Wonder when I ever started equating strength with harshness?
Was it during my "corporate life"?
It sounds so masculine - and it's just SO NOT TRUE.
I think it's safe to drop that tactic now!
I dig the idea of "soft strength" - which I fully expect to show up on the next art journal page.....

As Brene Brown says,
"Do not shrink.  Do not puff up.  Just stand on your sacred ground."
Ah . . .  the new mantra.

2 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Beautiful pages Tracie! You always inspire me!

Margie said...

You are always in the the thick of things. I love that you are! Forever evolving. It's what we all should do. Never stop learning, exploring, growing. Diggin' what you do with white dots!!