Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 23 - AEDM: Beginnings And . . . Pauses

Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Sometimes I get so cross . . . angry even.



Angry that I've got other stuff to do - stuff other than make art.



I've got a list and responsibilities and family and kids and holidays.



But then I remember . . .



I wouldn't have it any other way.



My art will always be there. I have no deadline to meet . . . except the ones I artificially create.



And it's okay to pause, to enjoy, to live life outside the studio. My Art Every Day Month may not be "art every day". And that's okay. So I'm pausing now for a day or two with just these "beginnings". Beginnings of art that may or not get completed any time soon.

But you can find other AEDMonthers here. Happy Thanksgiving to you all - enjoy the pause!




See you Friday - or not!
xoxoxo

2 comments:

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Very good reminder about taking a break when you need to take one. Feeling obligated to create or rushing to create simply just to meet self-imposed deadlines never results in a satisfying process (or product). Thanks for the reminder!

jennifer h. said...

oh those mouthwatering colors!