Thursday, July 29, 2010

Field Trips

Thursday, July 29, 2010
At least every other week or so, I find myself longing for a little visual inspiration. One of my favorite places to go is the Anthropologie Store. It seems artists have been flocking there for a couple of years and I'm no exception.



You know what's funny? I like some of the clothes, but my home is NOTHING like this place! And still I'm drawn there....like a MAGNET!



Maybe it's because it's SO different than my home. It's just eye candy!




From painterly accessories to the beautifully displayed vignettes....I can't stay away.



I even tune in regularly to "Man Shop Globe" to drool over the adventures of their head buyer. I love seeing where the art comes from and how it's made. The latest episode, shot in Austrailia, had tons of Aboriginal art. Similar lines are showing up in my doodles!



And some of my doodles are showing up as paintings!





1 comment:

Lisa said...

Anthropologie!!!! YES! Oh Tracie, how I adore that store (and have watched the show countless times). :) I'm even saving their catalogs for use in mixed-media collaging.

Gorgeous photos. I think I'm on a mission to make my house Anthropologie-like...minus the price tag. :)