Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Pulling" Paintings Forth

Sunday, April 18, 2010
I'm having so much fun in Mystele's Gut Art Class . . . learning what is (and isn't) a part of my authentic art making style.

These are journal pages I was playing with today - actually they are each part of a page. I'm learning that I often like a part of my painting more than the whole. Apparently, I dig a skewed or partial, more mysterious perspective. Hmmmmm. Good to know before committing to painting a large canvas.

These pages were done using Mystele's "pulled art" technique. That means finding a shape or image in the painted backgrounds and "pulling" it into view! It's incredible.....no need to come up with an idea of what to paint . . . it's already there! Just look for shapes, sketch it in and refine. Such freedom!





Here are the full page spreads . . .






2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a *great* class...

Thanks for sharing your work!

Connie said...

Tracie---these journal pages tug at my heart and make me feel all warm inside...they are that incredibly beautiful!!!

Big hugs!