Friday, August 7, 2009

True Questions

Friday, August 7, 2009
Questions are coming up for me. True questions. Questions with real answers-heart based answers. Questions about unlimited living...

Right questions like, "What is my wildest dream, my greatest adventure?", "What would I do if life was without any limitation?", "What then?", "What if I didn't worry about how, or if I was credentialed or experienced enough?" "What would I do then?"

An answer came. Clear as day. Simple.

I'd pack up my husband and dog and pile the three of us in an amazing road trip vehicle (like an AirStream trailer) and off we'd go. Our route would begin on the west coast and end one year later on the east coast. We'd visit artist meccas like Santa Barbara, Napa Valley, Sedona, Santa Fe, Austin and Savannah. In each of those places, I'd meet with famous artists and interview them about their creative process. All of the content would end up in a blog or a book or a DVD series - that I'm not sure of yet. But it would.

Then came the wrong questions. "How could you possibly do that?", "How would you support yourself?", "What makes you think fabulous artists would talk to you, an amateur?", "What would the family or the friends think?", blah blah blah.

Stifling and paralyzing answers came to those questions, I can tell you. But, like Scarlett O'Hara, "Fiddle dee dee, I'll think about that another day." For now, I'll stick with the right questions and the right answers. A girl can dream.....and one day, just maybe one day, the "how" will come.

(Pause my playlist, down the page and on the right, to best enjoy the video below.)


1 comment:

Cindi Myers said...

Do Air-Streams have sun/moon roofs?
I'm claustrophobic. It would be nice with some of my pets but another person in there breathing up all the air?.... If I could do ANYTHING, no restrictions - It would be PARIS! (I'd fly over in a big fast roomy jet) and start my "artist adventure" there and then go to the countryside!
Then off to Italy!