Monday, August 31, 2009

Just Can't Sleep....

Monday, August 31, 2009
Some time ago, I painted a long roll of paper. For what I did not know, but I knew would come in handy one day.



So when a bad case of L.A. heat-induced insomnia struck, I had the making for a little notebook inspired by my online teacher, Traci Bautista!




I ripped the pages into random sizes.....



I photo copied some in black and white.









I folded them in half, so it was painted on both sides, then I bound them together with whatever I had (which was lowly duct tape and wire) inside a collaged manila folder. See....duct tape is good for everything!



Still plan to wire some beading through those eyelet holes....but I need sleep!

When I've recovered....I'll share another project from my time in Northern California. It's there I had my first experience working with metal and found objects. Very cool stuff! The time spent with instructor Leighanna Light, An Artful Journey founder, Cindy O'Leary and some amazingly creative women was such a great escape.

Nighty night. Zzzzzzzz.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is yet another good one, Tracie! Fabulous!