Saturday, June 6, 2009

More Alanis, Less Enya

Saturday, June 6, 2009


So today is the day! I began working on the background for my very first large canvas. It's for my class with Shiloh Sophia McCloud and I'm ready to rock!



My brand new 3'X4' canvas is set up on my brand new easel...I never needed an easel before...all I have ever painted are art journals. Even my drop cloth is pristine!





So I begin to play.....ahhhhh..... the colors are like the morning sky . . .




so mellow, even my dog is lulled to sleep by soft colors pooling on the floor.....

Arrrgghhh! I'm not exactly hating it, but I'm certainly not in love. Where are the brights I love? The bold strokes?



Here they are! More Alanis Morissette, less Enya...much better!





Now I can rest.....time for a nap with the pup...somebody put on the Enya.