Tuesday, May 12, 2009

That's What It's All About

Tuesday, May 12, 2009


I have painted many a journal page in the past couple of years. I've painted dozens of walls in various homes throughout my life time. I even drew and painted a small mermaid on wood at Suzi Blu's "Mermaids by the Sea" workshop last month.....

But I have NEVER painted a canvas. Not one. AND I'll soon be a student of Shiloh Sophia McCloud. I will apparently be guided to paint a 3'X4' painting of my "legendary self"! I really should figure out how this painting thing works.




I frantically dug through my art supplies. Out came a humungous roll of my kid's craft paper, every acrylic paint I own and some never used oil pastels. I'll just teach myself how to work on a larger surface. Well....I'll just "play around" on this big sheet of paper.

15 or 20 feet later and I'm hooked!


I don't care if it ever "turns into something" (like art)....I'm having a blast and that's what it's all about!


Who knew that I liked geometric shapes so much.....I sure didn't! Uh oh. Can I actually paint my "legendary self" using geometric shapes?? Oh I have so much to learn.....








It's sure not realism, but it surely is fun!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, Tracie!

This is GREAT! I love it. I want to paint like you! :)

The Mermaid is cute too.
:)

a fanciful twist said...

OH marvelous!! You are on the right track for sure!!!!

Oh, you were at Suzi' class? How much fun you must have had!!

Now, I can't wait to hear about your next class!!

Although, you are pretty wonderful already ;)

The Muse said...

If you are having FUN...then it is art from the heart...

GO girl GO !

mccabe said...

love love the mermaid!!
:)

thank you for sharing....

xo
mccabe